Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nelson Mandela's 90th Birthday/ De-Worming Day

Friday July 18th was Nelson Mandela's 90th Birthday!




It was also the day I had to administer a de-worming pill to the 43 students I happened to be substituting during "guardian" period.  I had to watch them put it in their mouth, chew, swallow, and then check their mouth.  If the pills do their job and the students have worms, there is a possibility that they might come out of their NOSES, as well as out of other places.
Happy Birthday Mandela!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was listening to a David Sedaris CD about worms -- AND I am reading a Julia Alvarez novel which had a de-worming scene (in an orphanage in Spain centuries ago). Weird. Worms. Around here, on Cape Cod, they are fish bait.

Anonymous said...

YOU, ellie are amazing. i couldnt find someone more intrested in math, worms, and short sleeve sweat shirts.

<3 chevy